Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Testing dollhouse circuits and bulbs

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 12/22/2011 11:32 AM, Robert Green wrote:

You gotta admit it's been weirdly warm for the last couple of months. I

can
remember some God-awful cold at this time of year. We've had major and
serious snowstorms happen on Nov. 11 and killer frosts in October.

When I
first moved in the temp dropped to 6F and the furnace overloaded it

cycled
so fast. It's almost Christmas and it's 61F here. That's not right!

(-:

Well, we had a whole bunch of 70F Christmas days/weeks when I was a kid
some 45-55 year ago but I can't recall one out of the 40s at best the
last 10-14 years or so. Right now were 65 on Sat/Sun and snowing and
blizzard conditions Tues and snowing again today lightly.

Things change and there are and have always been short and longer term
cycles and folks remember only a _very_ short time...

I've never experienced a winter like this in the DC area - don't get me
wrong - I like it! Agree about cycles. It's never been as cold as when I
first moved here in the early 80's. Looking over historical temperature
records for the area one thing's clear: the evenings never cool down as
much as they used to. That could just be development, loss of trees, "heat
island" effects and more, but it's still sort of spooky to be working
outside in short sleeves at night a few days before Christmas. Love the low
heating bill, though!

IIRC, you're in the midwest(?) so we'll probably be getting the cold soon.

--
Bobby G.