Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under new bill, Americans can be arrested and taken to Guantánamo Bay

On Dec 23, 3:37*pm, micky wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:12:07 -0500, "Robert Green"

wrote:
"Han" wrote in message
.. .
"Robert Green" wrote in
:

sorry for snipping relevant prior text

Those are the sort of things that Han and I worry about that don't
seem to bother you. *It's been alleged that more than one president
used the FBI to gather dirt on their political enemies, Presidents
from both parties. *Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts
absolutely.

The last statement is an obvious one, and sad to say rather relevant in
view of Gingrich' reported sttement that if elected he'd do as he saw fit,
and SCOTUS be damned (paraphrased!).

Yes, I read that and it's consistent with what he's said over the years.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011121...Gingrich-says-...

WASHINGTON - Newt Gingrich says as president he would ignore Supreme Court
decisions that conflict with his powers as commander in chief, and he would
press for impeaching judges or abolishing certain courts if he disagreed
with their rulings . . . "I'm fed up with elitist judges" who seek to impose
their "radically un-American" views, Gingrich said Saturday during a
conference call with reporters.

An elitist politician with a $1M line of credit at Tiffany's

It wasn't just his line of creidt (I thought it was 500K). It's that
when they asked him about it last spring or summer, he said pretty
much "That's the way people do business".

What answer exactly would you like? He has a line
of credit at Tiffany. So what? You have credit accounts,
don't you? Most people do. If we're gonna start this,
then let's find out what credit cards Obama has. What
kinds of lines of credit John Kerry or Nancy Pelosi has.
Just another example of a biased media. because that
question would never be raised or reported on had it
been one of the liberal Democrats.

As if we're dummies for
not knowing that and not having our own line of credit.

Apparently you are, since you still have a problem with
Newt having an account at Tiffany