Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Under new bill, Americans can be arrested and taken to Guantánamo Bay

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:01:26 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Robert Green wrote:

http://www.freep.com/article/2011121...impeach-judges

WASHINGTON - Newt Gingrich says as president he would ignore
Supreme Court decisions that conflict with his powers as commander in
chief, and he would press for impeaching judges or abolishing certain
courts if he disagreed with their rulings . . . "I'm fed up with
elitist judges" who seek to impose their "radically un-American"
views, Gingrich said Saturday during a conference call with
reporters.

An elitist politician with a $1M line of credit at Tiffany's and a
doctorate in history has some balls to be ****ed at judges who mostly
try to follow the Constitution that they were sworn to uphold. I
don't know how good a history professor he was if he fails to
understand the basic principles of "checks and balances" written into
the Constitution. Maybe he thinks it's about balancing his
checkbook. (-:

If I were president and a court or congress tried to limit my Article II
powers, I, too, would ignore them. One of the principles of "checks and

It was a strange part of the interview, becuse he's not running for
Congress. Does he think the Congress will subpoena a judge just
because the President wants it to. The Congress has reason to care
about separatino of powers also.

balances" is that no branch may order another branch to do anything that
usurps that other branches' constitutional powers. A judge cannot order a
legislature to pass a particular law, the president cannot order a court to
render a certain judgement, and so on.

Yup.

This concept has nothing to do with liberal or conservative, Democrat or
Republican. The issue is the Constitutional powers of a particular branch.

The Republicans I know are *somewhat for* Newt because he does have a
good understanding (probably better than Obama's) of how to get
Congress to vote his way. The Republican women I know, including my
wife, find it very difficult to like him after serving his wife with
divorce papers while she was in the hospital recovering from cancer.

(Tell your wife it didn't happen.)

I heard his relationship with his now wife started 7 years before he
divorced the one he cheated with on his first wife.

Whatever the length, what about trying to pass off what I learned was
a homewrecker and a tramp as First Lady of the USA.