Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Under new bill, Americans can be arrested and taken to Guantánamo Bay

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:12:07 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Han" wrote in message
.. .
"Robert Green" wrote in
:

sorry for snipping relevant prior text

Those are the sort of things that Han and I worry about that don't
seem to bother you. It's been alleged that more than one president
used the FBI to gather dirt on their political enemies, Presidents
from both parties. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts
absolutely.

The last statement is an obvious one, and sad to say rather relevant in
view of Gingrich' reported sttement that if elected he'd do as he saw fit,
and SCOTUS be damned (paraphrased!).

Yes, I read that and it's consistent with what he's said over the years.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011121...impeach-judges

WASHINGTON - Newt Gingrich says as president he would ignore Supreme Court
decisions that conflict with his powers as commander in chief, and he would
press for impeaching judges or abolishing certain courts if he disagreed
with their rulings . . . "I'm fed up with elitist judges" who seek to impose
their "radically un-American" views, Gingrich said Saturday during a
conference call with reporters.

An elitist politician with a $1M line of credit at Tiffany's

It wasn't just his line of creidt (I thought it was 500K). It's that
when they asked him about it last spring or summer, he said pretty
much "That's the way people do business". As if we're dummies for
not knowing that and not having our own line of credit. He's
certainly not the one to criticize Romney for the $10,000 bet idea.

and a doctorate
in history has some balls to be ****ed at judges who mostly try to follow
the Constitution that they were sworn to uphold. I don't know how good a
history professor he was if he fails to understand the basic principles of
"checks and balances" written into the Constitution. Maybe he thinks it's
about balancing his checkbook. (-:

too much to read now, snipped.