Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default BEST cutter for highly machinable brass

I have MANY (hundreds) of holes to drill in brass of my choice. (making
perf-plates for a pasta extruder).

I'd like some input on what will give me the best surface finish inside the
holes.

The life of the drill bit is important, but not critical. I will swap a
bit every hundred holes if the surface finish is perfect. Also, I could
use carbide drills, and drill 10,000 holes with one, but if that won't give
as good a surface as (say) HSS, then I'll go with the HSS bits.

Any input?

Thanks,
Lloyd