Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Small engine valve seat - FOLLOWUP

Dave__67 wrote:

Authentic (though spark induced) pre-ignition.

World needs a handle that attaches to the pull-start handle that pops
loose beyond a certain tension.

Dave

Already been done. I believe it was either Tecumseh or Clinton that had
them. The end of the cord had a ball instead of the common pull
handle.The handgrip itself had a socke that the ball snapped into. When
you pulled it hard and either reached the end of the rope or the engine
kicked back the ball would pop free of the grip. They went away quick
because most people would pull them off every time they tried to start
the engine, then complain about how they came off.
If you look through the small engines during the years there were a LOT
of ideas used to make them "easier" to deal with. Anyone remember the
spring winder units or the kick started ones.

Personally I like the true solution I have on most of my engines. Flip a
switch or turn a key....

--
Steve W.