Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Panetta talking tough on Iran

On Dec 22, 10:20*am, "Robert Green"
wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Yes, we're beyond broke.

There are some groups of people who wish our death, regardless of anything
we do or don't do. Nuke em back might not be a sufficient deterrent.

But for the most part the people that want us dead are needle-dicked bug
rapers that don't have the means to do us harm unless we do something stupid
like not locking cabin doors or telling passengers not to resist.

For the most part you are an idiot and it sounds like
you're describing yourself above.

Al-Qaeda has waged war
on humanity in dozens of countries. They blew up airliners in the
Phillipines. They blew up embassies in Kenya and Tanzania
killing 200 and injuring 5000.
They used truck bombs four times in Turkey killing They blew
up a hotel in Indonesia, killing 57 and wounding 700.
They blew up the USS Cole, killing 17 and wounding 47.
They blew up the subways in the UK killing 57 and wounding 700.
They blew up trains in Spain.
And way back in 1993 they blew up the WTC the first time, killing 6
and injuring 1000.

Why do you make excuses for them and try to minimize
what they have done?

The trillions we spent fighting could and should have been used to build
scanners to scan all the huge shipping containers that enter the country
daily. *Experts seem to agree the threat now is that someone will get hold
of nuclear material from one of the former satellites of the USSR (there's
plenty missing and some Russkies have already died from plutonium poisoning
by not carefully wrapping what they were stealing). *Then, with that
material they'll explode a bomb like the one McVeigh used to distribute the
material in some urban area like the Capitol, about 15 miles south of
e. *)-: * *This stuff is NOT coming in by plane. *We've been watching the
wrong doors for a long time.

The wrong doors eh? How about the African muslim with
a bomb in his
pants that would have blown the Northwest flight out of the sky
near Detroit just a year ago, had it not malfunctioned. Being the
Monday morning quarterback, with 20-20 hindsight, you'd be
here bitching about that
and how airport security was the problem if he had suceeded.

As for the ports, I agree we should be increasing screening
there. So, let's take some of the excess money the govt is
spending and use it there.

Now that the doors are locked and people are looking to KILL hijackers with
their bare hands, we're just wasting resources hyper-checking passengers.

See the above Northwest incident. How about the shoe
bomber from a few years ago?

*I
think there's TSA on every plane now, because the times my wife has reported
something odd to the crew, like the guy fussing with something that turned
out to be an insulin pump, someone appears out of nowhere to deal with it
and she believes they've all been "strapped."

There has never been TSA on any planes, AFAIK. There
are federal marshalls on some flights.

Still, by all standard definitions of war even a dirty bomb doesn't count
because it's a one-off event and not a concerted attack. *It's a criminal
terrorist attack, not an act of war. *If the very right-leaning think tank
RAND says that's true, there's a good chance that it is.

Based on past experience here, I'd say that when you say it's
so, it's even more reliable than RAND that it's total BS.
Not a concerted attack? Al-Qaeda openly declared war on us.
They have been conducting concerted and continuing attacks
for decades. See the partial list above.

*(-: *Since even a
police state like Russia can't tamp terrorism down completely, it tends to
indicate that it's a very intractable problem not easily solved by war or
crackdowns on particular ethnic groups.

Who's been cracking down on ethnic groups?

There will always be insane people ****ed off to the max ready to do
terrible things. *In the end, it's crazy to make war on crazy people. *Our
best hope is to keep things we know to have terrorist potential like nuke
material and RDX out of their hands. *LOCK and POP.

Perhaps you missed how many bombs muslim extremists
have set off around the world. How would you keep
explosives out of their hands? Iran, for example, is freely
supplying them with it. What exactly would you do?

*Lock the cabin doors,
pop any stinking hijackers on the head with anything you've got. *Pile up
enough people on a terrorist and you can kill him through compression
asphyxiation.

--
Bobby G.

Incredibly naive and foolish.