Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Picasaweb, Google+ and link-to-photo

In article , Tim Watts
writes

The main attraction for Google was Picasa as a way to organise stuff offline
and then sync (ie when I am jacked into a gig link at work).

But they seem to have truely f**ked up PicasaWeb. As you noticed, it is
optimised for G+ sharing and bugger all else.

And the URLs suck.

Been playing with Flickr and am trying dfo for linux as a picasa alternative
- unfortunately, seems to crash on trying to upload anything

Purely as a user, if I see a link to oics on Picasa I usually don't
bother, I don't see why I should need to turn on javascript,
referrer.logging, automatic redirection, probably flash too and use a
secure connection just to view a few pics.

That is just me of course.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .