Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default DVD Drive motor power

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 01:42:28 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:30:09 -0700, "Chas"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Working on a friends Goldstar GBV441 DVD/RW/CD/RW-VHS/RW unit.

Service manual:
http://elektrotanya.com/goldstar_gbv.../download.html
http://elektrotanya.com/lg_gbv441.pdf/download.html

User manual:
http://support.radioshack.com/manuals/ome16-3904.pdf
http://support.radioshack.com/produc...erDisc&Reuse=N

- Franc Zabkar

Hey Franc. Where's the actual download link on that page ? Every time I go
looking for a manual online, I keep fetching up at that site, but I never
seem to be able to find the download link to the actual pdf. Everything
that
you can click on seems to be either a Google ad, or some ancillary program
download. I'm probably being blind and dumb. Put a dopey old sod out of
his
misery, will you ? :-)

Arfa

There is a "Get Manual" link about two thirds of the way down the
page, just to the right of centre.

- Franc Zabkar
--

Damn ! How did I miss that ? Well, I guess because of all the big brightly
coloured 'download' buttons, that are in fact just ads or ancillary programs

Anyways, the manual tells all with flow diagrams for the DVD section and
trouble shooting guides. It looks as though it is a two channel driver IC
for spindle and sled motors, and it looks as though it requires several
servo on signals to be present, before it outputs motor drive, as I
suspected might be the case.

Arfa