Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which is failing - my car's battery or the charging system?

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:52:18 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Most standard cars will do at least 3 weeks without use. Many a great
deal more.

Aye, most surprised when I need to move the other halfs car last
week. It hasn't moved or been started since the end of August when
she fell down the stairs and banged her shin. Lets say 4 months/18
weeks. Cleared the 5" of snow of it, opened the door (on the blipper
no problem), switched it on it all lit up brightly, turned the
starter. It was slightly reluctant for the first two compressions
then off it went. I was expecting it to be pretty much as dead as a
DoDo after that amount of time and below zero temps for a few days.
Suzuki SX4 1.6 diesel.

--
Cheers
Dave.