Posted to alt.autos.peugeot,uk.d-i-y

Default peugeot 206 headlights down

tg wrote:
got a really bad problem I can't solve on a peugot 206 2001 Y reg. The
low beam headlights don't work. High beam is fine. I replaced the
headlight switch stalk off the steering wheel but no joy.
Is there a single fuse that feeds these lights? or is it a relay? If so
where is it? I've googled for ages on this but can't find any info. I
keep reading about passenger side fuses but there is no passenger side
fusebox in this car. There's a load of fuses below the steering wheel
and box of them under the bonnet. Problem is, non of the fuses are
numbered or labelled in any way, except for amperage. There are no
diagrams or box layouts or or even a hint of what fuse is for what and
there's nothing on the internet to help with this. I read that the
Haynes manual is useless for this so don't want to waste any more
money. I've tried hunting for a service manual but all I get is links
that go to dead ends. Any advice to get these lights back on?

Headlights are juicy things..70W or more so a pair will be 10A plus.

If the fuses are spades, take each one out in turn and look at it -
generally you can see if its blown.

A box of spares of various flavours is not hard to obtain at any garage
or halfords etc.

On a 307 the fuses are one per light, F9, F10, F11, F12 and there are
two relays one for high and one for dipped R5 and R6

That's not likely to be identical, but manufactures tend to do things
mostly te same way in close models, so I am guessing the common element
is one of those relays.

They are no big deal to replace once you identify and can extract the
offending one.

And indeed I have on occasion fixed a relay that was welded over, or
corroded - file the silver contacts with a nail file till bright and clean.

Id expect these to be in the dash area rather than the engine compartment.

OH. here's a fuse chart at least: Looks like F12 (10A) is one suspect -
do reversing lamps work? or F14

http://www.peugeotlogic.com/fuses/fu.../fuselist7.htm

Also see here

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/po...ex.htm?t=23278