Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Testing dollhouse circuits and bulbs

"bob haller" wrote in message

stuff snipped

most older radios have NON POLARIZED PLUGS and hot chassis. along with
no ground

a real hazard......

these sort of issues are why a wiring upgrade may be a good idea

Good advice, but for radios. I doubt there's very much metal in the unit
anywhere so there's nothing really to ground. As Micky pointed out, the
only potentially dangerous part is the line cord. I don't think polarized
plugs are much of an issue, either, because of the transformer and what
sounds to be all wood construction. The OP can tell us if there's metal
used that could become a shock hazard. The easiest solution to all of that
is to install a GFCI plug.

--
Bobby G.