Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Testing dollhouse circuits and bulbs

"micky" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Now dangerous are 6 or 12 volts light bulbs, or the wires supplying
them? You can't even feel the current with your hands, only if you
put the leads on your tongue. (OTOH, 110 volts on your tongue are
very very bad.)

Lethal. One of the very first stories I reported on when I became a police
reporter was one of a little 3 year old kid who was on the kitchen counter
and kissed his reflection in the toaster. DOA. It turned out that the
insides of the toaster had been mangled by repeated attempts to remove stuck
items with metal forks. He apparently made contact with the sink rim with
his foot.

I'm thinking there's probably an old model train transformer in that house -
they had multiple taps and short-circuit protection that made a funny
"tick-boom" sort of sound when activated.

--
Bobby G.