Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim[_28_] Tim[_28_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
Tony Bryer wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:51:39 +0000 (GMT) Dave Plowman (News) wrote
:
The Prius is better all around in mpg.

Dribble still in denial. Despite the countless real world road
tests he still believes 'official' figures.

Real world: I had one on hire for two weeks when back in the UK in
June - brim to brim checked consumption was 62mpg over 1000 miles
of mixed driving.

And I've done, in my Dizzle C4, Canterbury to Liverpool and got 60mpg on
the trip. Of course this does involve not driving like the wannabee
Neapolitan drivers we see on our motorways these days.

I got 61mpg from Heathrow to Sussex in a regular diesel touran, so that
doesn't say much for a Prius...

It's common to give the very best MPG that can be achieved under ideal
conditions. Dribble being the obvious one for this.

As a diesel Touran owner (auto admittedly), I reckon that figure could only
be achieved by some serious pussyfooting and/or a strong tail wind.

Tim