Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

In article m,
dennis@home wrote:

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

One train can take 50 trucks off the roads.

50 trucks can go to 50 different places.

I have yet to see a Tesco with its own branch line.

Trucks on motorways don't cause anymore of a jam than cars on a motorway.

actually, they do. When one truck travelling at 49.7mph 'overtakes'
another travelling at 49.5mph and then (and I've experienced this) a third
truck doing 50mph tries to pass the other pair.

The jam is large, I can assure you.

Its cheaper to load a truck and drive it to its destination and then
unload it than it is to load a truck, drive it to a rail yard, unload
it, load it, pay inflated ASLEF pay, unload it, load it, drive it to its
destination and unload it.

That's why containers were invented.

--
From KT24