Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

On Dec 21, 10:17*pm, hugh ] wrote:
In message , Tim Watts
writesClive George wrote:

Much less stinky too. Cambridge had some CNG ones in the 90s (might
still do, don't know), and though the smell was a bit odd there wasn't
much of it and they were much more pleasant to be around.

Brisbane was very fresh smelling - I put it down to all the busses and taxis
being LPG.

China is encouraging taxi LPG conversions too.

As we did in the UK for a while but then the last government suddenly
changed the rules because it was claimed that it wasn't cutting CO2
emissions- which was never the argument for using LPG in the first
place.
--
hugh

LPG powered vehicles have their own peculiar nasty stink. Worse than
petrol.
Unless they have a cat.