Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fridge compressor failing?

Yes, Yes, Yes, please contact the appliance web site, and see if they have
one that matches your fridge. Remember your electric safety, please. Unplug
the fridge while working. While under there, take a snow brush (or condensor
brush) and shop vac, and clean it all out.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Davej" wrote in message
This is the sort of thing I was hopeful I might hear. Do the symptoms
really match? This is the contraption that is mounted on the side of
the compressor? I'm sure I could replace that myself if I can buy one.
Thanks.

On Dec 21, 1:50 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I love the Fridgidaire brand. Love the quality. Much less expensive parts
than GE, for example. Anyhow, yes, the start relays are famous for
failing.
Make some calls, an appliance repair tech near you should stock compressor
hard start kits, and be able to put one on. I stock several of them in my
work van, use several a year.