Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Fridge compressor failing?

Davej wrote in :

Frigidaire about ten years old. Compressor sounds fine once it is
running but increasingly it fails to start and has to timeout and
retry. Is there any chance it could it be the starter capacitor or
something fixable? I have now put it on a timer -- one hour on -- one
hour off -- to reduce the number of times it tries to start. Thanks.

Had a side-by-side with similar issues. Relay eventually burnt up.
Replaced this part which is attached to the compressor. Easy to replace.
Fixed it fine. Hope yours works out.

This is the part I needed but it turned out the local appliance parts
store had it just as well.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDeta...4387835/586449

Go to web site to lookup part for your unit.