Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Iraq war 'not in vain,' Panetta says at withdrawal ceremony

On 12/19/2011 4:25 PM, lid wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 20:21:12 -0800, George
wrote:

The war was a 4,484 deaths, 32,200 wounded, $825 billion waste.

When you count up all the long term disability claims, the interest on
the money borrowed to fight the war, lost productivity, and various
other expenses the war cost more like 4 TRILLION dollars.
Dave

Yeah, there's a prominent economist named Joe Stiglitz that has written
a book about it called the 3 trillion dollar war. In it he explains how
much it really cost the country. Think about how much that is we paid
just in money, then add up all the dead and the 32,000 wounded, and you
get what it really cost us.

Then ask was that worth it? Was this really necessary? Was this the best
way to deal with our problems? The minute you start asking questions
like those you see what a colossally idiotic thing it was to do. We got
rid of Saddam. Now the tribes can fight it out among themselves for
power. Yep, that was a good deal for us all right. At least that's what
you tell your self if you're a republican.

Hawke