Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default All day at the auction

"Ignoramus22709" wrote in message
On 2011-12-21, Steve B wrote:

"Steve B" wrote

There were about eight Miller 350P MIG power supplies, with accompanying
24A wire drives. All were filthy, and the 24A's had been beaten with
objects so much only a couple were readable. Guns in same shape. They
sold for $300-$800 each.

I forgot. The auctioneer got aggravated. "In the other two auctions,
these
have been selling for $1400." From the back of the room, "We aren't in
Kansas any more, Toto." If they were that bad of condition in the other
locations, those guys were crazy.

Yep. I have a saying "I never pay a fair price" if someone is upset at
me paying too little. Often there is a reason, such as auctioneer
doing a lously job and hiding the nature of the item. (I wonder if
they wanted their friends to win that stuff)

So what did you buy?

Zip. Nada.

Steve