Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Auction requirements

Cydrome Leader wrote:

In the late 1990s we'd just show up with a blank company check. That
seemed to work. Other bidders had to keep writing checks out the
auctioneer as they kept buying stuff if it started to get expensive. For
under $10k of loot, nobody seemed to care. All the paperwork happened at
the end.

These days, anybody with a laser printer can forge a VERY convincing
phony check. The banks are having a HUGE problem with forged cashier's
checks being passed. I'm sure the auctioneers have written their contracts
to be immune to these losses, but the sellers need them to at least try to
verify that people really are going to pay.

Jon