Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Which is failing - my car's battery or the charging system?

In article , Zapp Brannigan
wrote:

"charles" wrote in message

Bear in mind that modern cars have a lot going on even when the
ignition is switched off and modern electrics can take a lot out of
the battery. If you do short journeys in winter, you probably don't
replace the energy used when starting. I left a car in an airport car
park for two weeks and the battery had almost flattened itself in that
time.

I *assume* my battery will be flat after 2 weeks in winter, and leave the
jump leads and a pair of gloves handy in the boot for return.
Borrowing a jump from another car is a simple 5 minute job if you have
the equipment, and much preferable to waiting an hour for the RAC or
airport to help you

I've kept jump leads in my car for years. They usually can be fitted in the
spare wheel compartment. Of course, modern cars make it difficult to get
at teh abtterry connections without tools - so you need those, too.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16