Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Which is failing - my car's battery or the charging system?

In article ,
D. Dalton wrote:
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote in
:

Can anyone tell me how
long I can leave it thus charging? Is 15 hours too much?

What's the charger's output in amps, and what's the capacity of the
battery in Amp Hours?

4 amp charger ; 95Ah battery

15 hours at 4 amps = 60AH, so if the battery is 'flat' it sounds about
right.

Bear in mind that modern cars have a lot going on even when the ignition is
switched off and modern electrics can take a lot out of the battery. If you
do short journeys in winter, you probably don't replace the energy used
when starting. I left a car in an airport car park for two weeks and the
battery had almost flattened itself in that time.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16