Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
James[_14_] James[_14_] is offline

Default Drying Green Wood

Hi Group, I just finished rough turning a pine bowl blank that's very
green up until now I've mostly worked with dry wood. The blank is very
wet, we're talking water and pitch, down South they would probably call
it grease wood. I've heard of various of drying, brown paper sack, add
sawdust and microwave oven. I'm new to drying so any help would be
appreciated such as to the best method, storage and such. It's winter
here right now and we're having high 30's during the day and 20's at
night right now. I'm doing practice turnings on my new to me Jet 1236.
I've been away from turning awhile. Thanks, Jim