Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Ha ha v. funny. Road freight is at least 80% of the total. Our rail
network strains to take the other 20%. To make much difference you'd
have to make that 60/40, that is at least a doubling of the amount of
freight on the railway. Could you kindly indicate which lines you think
it's gonna be on? Why do you think I was suggesting going to four tracks
as much as possible? That way the slow freight could mix with the slow
local trains.

Freight often runs overnight. As you'd see if you catch any late trains
round London. And that could likely be increased.

20% may not sound like much, but putting that 20% on the roads would
cause chaos.

--
*Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.