Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

On 2011-12-21, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:
'Just a lot of people who never grew out of train sets: hugely expensive
way to move stuff around: roads much cheaper'
Trains are very cheap

Yeah, right.

and FAST being on segregated tracks.
Until one breaks down. Then the interesting inability of trains to
overtake comes into play.

Never was I happier than the day I no longer had to commute into London
by train. No more paying collossal sums of money, with double-digit
percentage increases every year, to be treated like ****. No more
being stranded on freezing cold stations with no-where to shelter for
hours on end. No more hours spent every day waiting for "services" which
never came. No more being jammed into carriages in conditions which
would bring prosecution if it were animals rather than people. No more
out-of-order (or just plain closed) toilets.

Oh, the joy of working at home.

Privatisation was supposedto fix all that!
I don't remember any of that when I commuted by BR.

Do you in fact remember ANYTHING, harry?