Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Huge wrote:
Never was I happier than the day I no longer had to commute into London
by train. No more paying collossal sums of money, with double-digit
percentage increases every year, to be treated like ****. No more
being stranded on freezing cold stations with no-where to shelter for
hours on end. No more hours spent every day waiting for "services" which
never came. No more being jammed into carriages in conditions which
would bring prosecution if it were animals rather than people. No more
out-of-order (or just plain closed) toilets.

We all have the option where we live and work. If you decide to live miles
away from work - for whatever reason - what is the alternative? You
presumably used the train because despite the conditions it was a better
choice overall than driving.

No we don't. I don't think my salary would stretch to living in Drury Lane
or anywhere near it...

From then on, it's public transport one way or another...

--
Tim Watts