Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Hardwood floor -- cost effective alternatives to poly?

Davej wrote:
If I put down standard poly is there a non-toxic oil that could be
used to hide scratches?

BLO or tung will make the scratch color similar to the unscratched but will
do nothing to restore the sheen. Decent poly shouldn't scratch.

Or is there a non-toxic oil I could use on the
whole floor as an alternative to poly? I had a small section that I
refinished with BLO, but the darn dog licks the floor,

and BLO is toxic.

Not after it is dry.

--

dadiOH