Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

In article ,
charles wrote:
Oxford Street is a pedestrian zone so not representative.

No it's not. Certainly it wasn't on Monday. . While private cars are
banned, buses and taxis use it.

Well, yes. No point in comparing bus speeds with walking if they weren't.
Most pedestrian zones of this type allow certain classes of vehicles in.

But I agree there are a lot of
pedestrians about. But, there was one Saturday about a couple of weeks
ago, when all traffic was banned

I've never quite understood why anyone would actually make a special trip
to Oxford Street to shop these days - there's not much there you can't
just buy at your local shopping centre.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.