Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

On 2011-12-21, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Tony Bryer wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 00:54:09 -0000 Doctor Drivel wrote :
Most tram systems are a joke. Electric buses that costs an
absolute fortune.
Melbourne's tram system is progressively being extended. Trams last
a long time compared with modern buses - our A & B class trams have
been running since the mid 1980s - and can carry lots of people:
our newest five section trams can carry 240 people.

Trams are only feasible where roads are wide enough.

The Sheffield trams are very good, but I have read that the system loses
£12M/year. I have no idea if this is true.

Nowadays the council is always trumpeting about how full of people the
trams always are. But when I sit on the Prince of Wales Road in a big
queue of traffic caused by a tram crossing my eyes tell me different.

Bill