Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default VFDs & 3 Phase Motors

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:33:03 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

The ones that are rated for "Inverter Duty" (a VFD) will have all that
info listed in the catalog and on the cut sheets.

-- Bruce --

True indeed. But few Hardinges (for example) were made or intended for
use with inverters so such info can be very very hard to find.

And
until the last decade or less..inverter duty motors were exceptionally
rare.

And from what I have been able to find a quite a bit more expensive.

Well...I just quoted a guy on a GE motor for his Hardinge HC
Chucker...new from Hardinge...$3804.27

I think he is going to go with a VFD....G

Gunner

Gunner Asch