Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Carton sealing solutions

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:55:40 -0600, Ignoramus22709

On 2011-12-20, FrediFizzx wrote:
Every shipping situation I have ever seen (not that many) have used handheld
tape dispenser for regular cardboard boxes. For larger and heavier items,
we also use the nylon strapping stuff around the cartons. You can probably
find some packing guidelines on Fedex or UPS websites also.

Thanks. I use fiberglass reinforced tape for heaviest/edgiest stuff.

I will try hard to use those dispensers. I tried them before, but did
not like them as much. Maybe those were not as good as 3M.

Which one of those would you recommend?

http://www.uline.com/BL_776/3M-Tape-...e%20Dispensers

Eenie, meeney... I like the H-2316, with cushy grip and brake.

I got a deal on some tape about two decades ago. The stuff is
absolutely EVIL. i gave lots of rolls away because I was spending so
much time repairing breaks, where half the width stayed on the roll.
Cheap tape is a real problem. As others said, avoid it!

--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.