Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Odd X-10 Problem

frank1492 wrote:
I am not aware of any changes made. I thought maybe one of the candles
was getting ready to burn out so unscrewed all the bulbs. Actually the
candles did turn on by themselves once.
This is a very old house with many unmarked circuits so tracing
would be difficult.
What kind of a load would "stomp" on the signal? Examples?
Thanks!
Frank

Computers, electronics, power blocks, power strips, tool chargers, some CFL
bulbs. You just never know until you run into a problem. There are X10 filters
you can plug problem devices into then plug into the power to block them from
sucking up the signal. I have several of those filters to eliminate problems in
my house.