Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Calif says "not so fast" to oil changes

On 12/20/2011 3:08 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:03:11 -0800, Steve Barker
wrote:

My particular
vehicle was not an ambulance, but i never shut it off in the winter and
thusly had mucho idle time. Of course, my truck was an '85, (only 2
years into this engines use) and the official determination didn't come
out until about the same time as this failure. I've never used anything
except straight 30 in everything i own since.

So the fact that you left it idle for hours was not a contributing
factor? Seems like abuse to me when a block heater is all you need in
the cold.

yes, the idling was a factor . WITH the multi-vis oil.
AND a block heater does not keep the 20 gallons of fuel warm in the
tank. Idling does.

--
Steve Barker