Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Drilling Phenolic

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
How do you drill clean holes in linen-filled phenolic?

I'll admit that I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking that if I use a
regular twist drill it'll be chip city.

It's 1/8" thick flat material, I'm planning on some 3/32" holes and some
1/4" holes.

http://www.wescottdesign.com

Clamp it between 2 pcs of wood and drill thru the sandwich.
This works a charm for plastics, fiberglass, leather, thin metal
sheets, etc.
Art