Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default A day at the auction

"Ignoramus8679" wrote in message
On 2011-12-20, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus8679" wrote

Steve, awesome report.

Do research prices on those welders, MIG and Idealarc. With a little
loving touch and a cleanup, testing and cleaning up the welding wire,
you may make some good money.

God damn it, I forget it when I do that. I wrote to say that there are
two
30 hp IR Horizontal Tank Mounted compressor, model SSRUP6-30-125. New is
$17,000. Used, they have sold recently for $6,000 to $9750. 28,000
hours
on these .............. Impressive looking guts under a nice cabinet.
Doesn't look anything like a compressor. All sorts of filters and such.

I sold two similar screw compressors before, so I made myself learn a
little about it. This is just about the age when air ends need to be
rebuilt. Ask someone, if you can, whether that was done or not.

Let us know how it goes.

Not rebuilt. The 30 hp went for $2500. 15 hp IR $800.

See my post when I put up a recap. Right now, I'm hammered.

Steve