Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Roller shutter garage doors

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 22:44:25 +0000, rbel wrote:

If it is any help I had a Gliderol manual roller garage door supplied
and fitted for £575 by a local company earlier this year.

Gliderol...as seen on tv (Neighbours)

One huge drawback with manual rollers is the 'key left in and door
opened' problem - the keys for some makes can be near impossible to
source.

20+ years on after having a few Gliderol doors fitted the doors are
still in good condition apart from the bottom seal, but the chrome
plating on the lock surrounds is clearly only fit for a dry climate as
they are all badly pitted. From what I recall the basic design and
some of the fittings were imported from Oz, but the plastic coated
steel 'Plastisol' was sourced from British Steel (when they still
existed)

Probably all made in China now