Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Criminal Background Check reviews

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:58:20 -0800, Steve Barker
wrote:

On 12/19/2011 11:35 AM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:40:53 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Dec 19, 8:04 am, wrote:
JimT wrote:
I need to do a CBC and I'm looking for suggestions on which internet
site to use.

Got a buddy who's a cop?

Some cops, for a small fee, do background checks for landlords, employers,
prospective brides.

Seems to me that we'll eventually find those cops (and perhaps the
person who paid the "small fee") during a criminal background check
sometime in the future.

Sounds pretty illegal to me.

My friend is a cop. I asked him about checking on a person through
state records (run a background). He was clear on the matter, that he
could do that -- unless he had a person detained on a vehicle stop.

Now! I once asked a facility resident FBI agent to locate a person
and too please provide me with an address. I gave details, DOB, state
of birth and approximate location (within three states). And the
reason for my request.

A few days later he gave the information. Never was a "fee" or any
request to do something illegal. Apparently he felt it was legal or
would have declined my request.

OP:

-- court records

-- hire a private investigator

-- just ask the local police what their policy is for a "arrest
record"

your friend is breaking federal law. period.

I corrected myself above.

"... He was clear on the matter, that he
could do that -- unless he had a person detained on a vehicle stop.

Should read .. could NOT do that..."

My friend would not wrongfully access what he is not allowed to do,
legally. Hope I clear this up...