Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under new bill, Americans canbe arrested and taken to Guantánamo Bay

On Dec 18, 4:07*pm, "Robert Green" wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message

On 12/16/2011 3:00 PM, Han wrote:

stuff snipped

Han, as a retired veteran of 30 years of military service, and as a
physician who has treated the crippled and maimed,

I accompanied my wife a few years back to help with her program to get
people to donate portable DVD players to the soldiers at Walter Reed (they
spend hours waiting for MRI's, etc). I did not know just how badly this
particular war mangled soldiers. *The worst of them got shipped elsewhere,
but there were plenty of serious injury patients at Walter Reed before it
was shut down.

These poor kids, their bodies literally shredded by IEDs, often with their
arms, legs and genitals blown completely off, were still gung ho and hoping
to get back to the war someday. *Most Americans never see any of this, and
the ones crying loudest to continue the war on terror have absolutely no
skin in the game.

What would you do, send up the white flag and send them
a cake?

They are happy to have others fight the wars they demand
be fought and to carve the costs of the war out of the very programs that
kept the 2008 recession from turning into the Second Great Depression.

The armed services are all volunteer. The brave men and
women there have no problem with doing what it takes to
keep the country safe.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0616163438.htm

says: In the second phase of the war, the use of improvised explosive
devices by insurgents has resulted in more fragment wounds and a higher
percentage of critically injured patients arriving to the surgical unit .