Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default camera batteries and chargers

In ,
stuart wrote:
I have an old Dimage XG that I'm very fond of, but the battery doesn't
last long any more. Bought a new battery and that doesn't last any
longer, so it isn't that. If I keep the battery outside the camera, it
doesn't last any longer either, so the camera isn't using power when
it's off. I guess the charger is done for then. Is that likely/normal?

I've not come across a charger that still works, but not properly. They
normally work properly or fail totally. But, of course, everything is
possible.

What you need to do it look at the voltage it's delivering while charging
- or better still the current. But it's likely the new battery you've
bought is also faulty.

Strange that the two batteries are equally inefficient though. Yes, I
must get myself a meter...