Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default camera batteries and chargers

In article , stuart noble
writes
I have an old Dimage XG that I'm very fond of, but the battery doesn't
last long any more. Bought a new battery and that doesn't last any
longer, so it isn't that. If I keep the battery outside the camera, it
doesn't last any longer either, so the camera isn't using power when
it's off. I guess the charger is done for then. Is that likely/normal? TIA

That's a shame, I like that range and internal zoom optics but got the
AA bat version for easy spares and swapping. Sad that Sony bought it
then smothered it

Your logic sounds good, maybe check the output of the charger and see if
it is as spec'd on the body.

I could see it being either the charger or the charge control circuitry
in the camera. If the unit o/p is as spec'd it would point to the cam.

Even if the cam is at fault, I see there are plenty of external chargers
available cheaply eg: (first hit):

http://www.dc-battery.co.uk/product_...oducts_id=2550
--
fred