Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roller shutter garage doors

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:39:27 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I agree, they are much more compact than an up and over door. In my
case the up and over had been on its last legs for several years. I had
fixed it numerous times.

Our up and over has been about to fail for a quite a while. Don't
like it as it takes up too much room inside the garage and unless
pushed right up the lower corners are a hazard. I have the scar on my
forehead...

The controller has crashed a couple of times over the years, failing to
work via the remote, which has meant my entering by another door to
reset it.

How would you reset it if there is no "other door" to allow access to
the control unit if the door won't open?

--
Cheers
Dave.