Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendations for cheap auto-ranging multimeter

I'll be another vote for the free one from HF. Gives reasonable readings,
and if you fry it, it's no big deal. I try to keep several on hand.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jennifer Murphy" wrote in message
I am trying to refurbish a 70 year old dollhouse. It was wired for what
I believe to be 2.5 vac 0.3a #14 flashlight bulbs. It was recommended to
me to get a auto-ranging multimeter to see where the break in the line
might be. I'd like to spend about $25 or so.

I found this one on Amazon, which seems to be what I need.

http://www.amazon.com/Equus-3320-Aut...4254789&sr=8-3

or http://tinyurl.com/78rotkl

I can have it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

If this can't do the job or if there is a better one on Amazon, please
advise. I'd prefer recommendations for Amazon because I can get it in 2
days with Amazon Prime. I'm never sure if the store are out.

Thanks