Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting quiz on various science knowlege

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 16:29:16 -0600, Richard
wrote:

On 12/18/2011 3:06 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Hmmm, but many of those require some knowledge of the physics
involved. I don't believe it's a very good test of reasoning power in
isolation.

As a mechanical type of guy, with a lot of electronics background on
top of it, I answered all of those almost in knee-jerk fashion. There
wasn't a lot of reasoning. I've seen them all before, and I've been
tripped up by the pulley questions beforeg, so I knew how to
consider them.

It really is tough to construct any conventional test that isolates
intelligence from knowledge.

IS there any real difference between intelligence and knowledge?

Can one have knowledge without the requisite intelligence?

Yes indeed.

Can one have intelligence without knowledge?

Again, yes indeed.

Gunner

Gunner Asch