Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UPDATE: They ain't dead yet!

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:53:24 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
"The shutdown-averting budget bill will block federal light bulb
efficiency standards, giving a win to House Republicans fighting the
so-called ban on incandescent light bulbs. GOP and Democratic sources
tell POLITICO the final omnibus bill includes a rider defunding the
Energy Department's standards for traditional incandescent light
bulbs to be 30 percent more energy efficient."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1gh6osdCL

Here's a thought:

While it's true the Congress passed a bill (and I think the president signed
it) that removed funding for the enforcement of the ban, the ban is still in
place.

What this means is this: If you manufacture, transport, or sell 100-watt
incandescent bulbs, no agency of government has the wherewithal to sanction
you.

Yet.

But what if a future Congress restored the funding for prosecution? The EPA,
CPSC, Department of Boogers, or whoever is in charge of this business pulls
out their files - and believe me, they'll be keeping track - of offenders
for the past five years and heads to court.

I can see it now: Millions upon millions of dollars flow into the treasury,
suitably ear-marked for promotion of renewable energy! Companies that
manufacture whale-oil lamps get grants (whales are a renewable resource).

Shouts are heard across the land.

^^^^^^ Shots