Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Calif says "not so fast" to oil changes

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 23:10:42 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I hope someone can find it on the net, and post a link. I suspect that the
manufacture of ethanol takes more energy than it produces. so, ethanol in
the gasoline both damages vehicles and also increases our use of petroleum.
http://www.alternativeenergyprimer.c...l-as-fuel.html
One such link.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Al Goar" wrote in message
m...

This is yet another example of a wasteful and useless Kalifornia
program...sort of like the US government's ethanol fuel scam.

Can't find the cite right now, but 5 years ago or so, when you took
into account all the energy required to plant,cultivate, and harvest
the corn, icluding the natural gas used to produce the nitrogen
fertilizer, there was something like a 5% net energy deficit, not
including transportation to end market. With the new hybrids that are
currently being supplied by ADM they are now claiming up to something
like 7% net energy gain, in real world numbers.