Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default They ain't dead yet!

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

BTW, we have a good collection of CFLs that were only a dollar or two
for a six-pack thanks to an instant rebate at Costco from the utility
company. I imagine that electricity is going to cost a lot more if
they have to build new power plants to meet the ever-increasing
demand; using CFLs will postpone or eliminate that need.

Electricity is going to cost more, period. When the new EPA rules go into
effect in January, a significant number of power plants will have to be shut
down. I can't find the number for Texas (I remember 17), but various reports
use the term "many."

Texas is but one of a couple dozen states facing the consequences of this
new rule on sulfur dioxide emissions.