Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank[_6_] Hank[_6_] is offline

Default Carb Overhaul on Homelite Vac Attack II

On Dec 15, 5:02*pm, frank1492 wrote:
I had a problem where the engine would die when set at half-choke and
the throttle was advanced. (Could be advanced a little without dying
but not full.) At no choke the engine would not run at all. I tried
adjusting the jets to no avail-
* * *I purchased a Zama rebuild kit. When installing, the carb looked
extremely clean and no parts appeared damaged or worn. I did not soak
the carb at all, maybe a bad idea.
* * *On reassembly the engine runs better but not perfectly. It *now
runs fairly fast at no choke, but still runs better at half. It wants
to go to full throttle at half choke but then seems to run unevenly
and slower. Oddly, when then moved to no choke the rpms increase to
almost full throttle but then go back down again.
* * *Three options to do next:
* * *(1) Take the carb off again, re-disassemble and soak.
* * *(2) Assume the tank strainer has a problem (what to do if it's
that?) (likelihood?)
* * *(3) Assume the gas is bad and replace. (Gas is LT 6mo old.)
* * What would you do *first*?
* * Thanks for help!
* * * * *Frank

I would replace the fuel ines, make sure the plug is tight, make sure
the is no air getting in the crankcase ( make sure bolts are tight on
crankcase cover and head).

Hank