Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Under new bill, Americans can be arrested and ta ken to Guantánamo Bay

Sorry, you're quoting an obsolete version.

The current version (S.1867es, I found the pdf via:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c112:2:./temp/~c112Tl2LH5::)
does not contain those statements under 1031.

Instead, there is this vague wording under 1031 (e) on page 428 of the pdf
I have:
"10 (e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be
11 construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to
12 the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident
13 aliens of the United States or any other persons who are
14 captured or arrested in the United States."

While I'm hopeful that this means that US citizens and lawful residents are
NOT subject to this proposed law, I find the wording less than unambiguous.

--
Best regards
Han