Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roller shutter garage doors

harry wrote on 18/12/2011 :
There is no such thing as as insulated roller shutter door.

Mine is insulated. There is foam insulation between the inner and outer
faces.

The problem arises round trying to make them draught proof, (no point
in being insulated if they are not draught proof).

Mine has brush types seals built into the guides and a seal with the
floor at the bottom. The only part which does let the draft in is along
the top - my fault, I just never got around to dealing with that.

Mine has the motor in the middle if the roll, with the control gear in
a separate box. It rolls up into a roll of about 9" diameter.

The side guide rails I fitted flush to the inside the front of the
garage, so as not to restrict the width.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)